Friday, July 11, 2008

Stampede Breakfast - Argentine Style

We had the country & western music, we had the juice, we had the coffee and we had the pancakes, we had the cowboy hats and we had some laughs.


This morning I had arranged for a Stampede Breakfast.

Our good friend, Roc arranged to get me some of this year's Calgary Stampede posters.


I did delegate the organization of the morning to two very capable women in the office. My assistant, Juana and the Country Manager's assistant, Liliana. They took care of the rest.

Here, you don't just get a pancake - you get a panqueque!


A panqueque is a crepe and we served two kinds - one was filled with Ham & Cheese and the other filled with Dulce de Leche.

It was a good morning in the office. Breakfast isn't a significant meal here in Argentina - so to have a full blown - Stampede Breakfast was over the top.

We did have champagne available to mix with the OJ but we kept that on ice. I wanted to have a brindis (or a toast) with it but I was missing a couple of staff who were instrumental in recent work achievements, so we will wait until next week when they are back.

I take no credit for the cowboy hats in the pictures - but I do appreciate the effort by the ladies in the office (who have never been to a Stampede) to get pretty close.

Next year - we will schedule cowboy hat stomping or bar stool racing as has been suggested by my learned Stampede colleagues. I have already put in my order for the 2009 Stampede poster!

A few staff did make the trip to Calgary for the Stampede two years ago and one of them made a video of the trip. She was able to show it,for the first time, in the office, since she made it. It was very well done (and there was a pang of homesickness while I watched it).

Yahoo!

B.

No comments: