Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I think a guy just got his watch ripped off...

I'm sitting here having breakfast.

A guy who just sat down at a table nearby is getting medical attention (alcohol swabs on his wrist for cuts) from the restaurant manager.

He just finished speaking to a policeman.
He looks OK.....he's having a stein of beer.

I think it was a grab and run. Hell, it could have been a grab and walk, this guy is big and slow.
If I spoke spanish well enough, I would go ask him what time it is - one must keep their sense of humor about these things.
Its probably best if l stay here on the patio and drink beer for the rest of the day until its safe to go home - that walk could be longest 300 metres of my life!

Its sunny and festive here in BA.

I can't seem to get anyone to take my money from breakfast. A nice, sunny, unrushed kind of patio. I will bring a book tomorrow and establish beachhead early. The sun doesn't hit the terrace in the apartment until later in the day.

Barney

No comments: