Friday, March 13, 2009

Pizza by candlelight

I came home from work late and we made the joint decision that San Felicien Malbec and pizza para llevar (take away) was the way to go for dinner.
I opened the wine, had a half glass then went to the corner restaurant to order the pizza. Going to the restaurant, ordering it and then waiting for the pizza has its advantages - it comes with a cold beer......and I can click away on my Blackberry.


Just as I was ordering, the lights went out in the restaurant. It was a power failure. One minute later, my cell phone goes off, "Are you in the elevator?". "No, I am trying to order pizza."


I was 2 minutes from being stuck in the 80 yr old elevator in our apartment building.......

The ovens in the restaurant seemed to work. One beer later, the pizzas were ready to go.
I took the back stairs up 6 floors to the apartment.

It turned out to be a great night, we enjoyed dinner by candlelight on our terrace. You could see the stars (which is rare in such a brightly lit city). Margarita and Fuggazetta pizzas.....with leftovers.

I woke up at 3 am with the lights back on (6 hours later) and the TV making noise.
It sure beats waking up in an elevator!

B.

I need to learn enough spanish to find out of there is a power failure, does the elevator in our apartment lower itself to the main floor or am I stuck there until the lights come back on?

1 comment:

El Edu said...

ajjaja Greit story, MRs B. so fun and so good. I imagine that escene, in the "terraza", jeje
kiss