Sunday, March 1, 2009

Calgary

Calgary in the wintertime.....


Just got my first taste of winter since February of 2008. It started out as refreshing and then it got to be different (Ok, a bit of a pain). I can just imagine how Calgarians feel this year - it has been quite a winter.


It was short trip for meetings at work so if I didnt contact you, it was because I ran out of time.

I did get to see Cooper for his 5th birthday. He sort of remembered me but the kids are taking such good care of him - I completely understand. Mimi stays in touch with him by skype - it does drive him a bit nuts when he can hear her but not see her. I took the kids out for dinner a couple of times. We did drink Argentine wine in one restaurant . Since the kids had enjoyed it down here, it was fun to order it in Calgary. The next place (Bonterra's) didnt carry Argentine wines so Jake was able to share his wine knowledge, having travelled in Italy, and ordered a SuperTuscan wine - it was quite good.
I bought a smaller camera while in Calgary - it means more pictures and less lugging around of my SLR. Now I need to buy an external hard drive to store all the photos I am taking. They take up quite a bit of space but are worth it.
B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how the dog makes it on the blog but not the children