Friday, May 9, 2008

Alfajores.....Wagon Wheels on steroids

Havanna Alfajores are described as "two biscuits joined together with a lot of dulche de leche and coated with the purest bittersweet chocolate".

I had bought a box. They were (to be) a thank you for the Argentine Consulate in Toronto for arranging our visa meeting on short notice.


We cooked dinner last night – it was our first home cooked meal in the apartment. It was quite good, excellent in fact. Mimi needed something sweet for dessert (postres). No 'Fruit & Nut' bars were handy but she did see the box of Alfajores......just sitting there. She cracked it open and had one. As did I. They really are amp’d up Wagon Wheels!

Dulche de leche on, in or near anything does an amazing job of soothing a sweet tooth!
I had another one for breakfast on the walk into work this morning.

Is it an Alfajores or a Wagon Wheel? The first bite will tell you.


I have been ordered to remove the remainder of them from the apartment - as they are a dangerous source of energy....or weight gain. I am sure the folks in office will make short work of them.

B.

1 comment:

erika said...

Hi! Can you tell me where you found the Havanna Alfajores please? I really miss them and want to buy them.
Thank you so much!
Erika