Saturday, August 22, 2009

Quick trip back to Calgary

I travelled back to Canada for a quick visit. It was great to see Mimi, the kids and Cooper. Mimi had been back for a few weeks while I 'slaved' away at the office here.

When the kids were here back at Christmas they became fans of Esperanza's empanadas. While I couldnt bring them back I did return with the hot sauce we enjoy here. I also brought back containers of dulce de leche which was enjoyed with ice cream. Thank goodness for ziplock bags.

The weather was lousy while I was there but I did manage to get out golfing with some buddies - in the rain. We had some fun.
I did drop into our office in Calgary to catch up with a few folks. It was a busy place with everything going on so I kept the visit short.

The main purpose for my trip was so that the kids could host my 50th birthday party. The timing of my trip changed because of work commitments, so there was a scramble to pull it together. They did a great job. They borrowed a house (thanks Cindy & Peter), arranged catering, got out invitations and the sun actually came out. It was nice to see friends and get caught up and have birthday cake.

So whether you are 5 or 50, you still get to wear the crown on your birthday!

B.

1 comment:

Gaga said...

Crowns for 5 year olds don't look like that, not even from ToysRUs!!One has to "earn" something as befitting as that!! Someone that has just possibly turned fffff50!! I had a hard time with that one too!! Congratulations you've earned your crown!!