Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What a difference a year makes!

It was exactly a year ago this week, I was standing on the top of Lake Louise preparing for the World Cup Downhills.
A year later - you can find us living and working in Argentina. Today in Buenos Aires, it is 36 degrees...above zero. You cant hide from the heat. Our apartment has air conditioners in most rooms. You fire those babies up and they rattle & hum. Being from Calgary, we are not 'air conditioner' people. It will take some getting used to.

Last night was one of those evenings where it stays warm all night. You might get one or two of those nights a year in Calgary. Here, I think we will get 5 months of them! It was 27 degrees when we woke up this morning.

We have noticed that the sun is different here. It is way more intense. My little bald head took a beating before I finally put a hat on.

We were out sailing in the Rio de la Plata last weekend and my hat (not a toque) came in handy.

Anyways, I have been monitoring the progress of the race prep at Lake Louise. The webcam at the mountain provides a great view of the last 400 metres of the course and the finish corral.

In fact, I just caught this morning's Jury meeting in the finish area......


Work has been progressing nicely - the Men's first training run is scheduled for today. I am sure all will go well but just to be sure, I will keep an eye on the FIS Live Timing website later today.

B.

No comments: