Sunday, June 29, 2008

Even more golf....and (oh ya) networking

I belong to the Club del Petroleo de Buenos Aires. They organize speaker meetings, golf tournaments, tennis tournaments and sailing regattas. It's the local oilmen's club. It helps with a bit of industry networking.

A couple of weeks ago, it was Petro Andina's turn to sponsor a golf tournament. The pictures just got posted on their website.

Our foursome included our country manager, Jose, the head of our partner's (YPF-Repsol) Joint Operations group, Pedro and one of our field advisors, Alberto - who's brother happens to be a golf pro : ) .


Needless to say, we did well (as a team). I perhaps, shot the worst round of my life). I think some folks might have been chuffed that we won our own tournament....but what the heck.
THEN, they drew my name for the big door prize, a Big Bertha driver. I don't think that my name was taped to the bottom of the draw bin but this is Argentina (and these guys are oilmen!).
This brings my Argentine golf earnings to $300 pesos, a new putter and a new driver.
B.

No comments: